Pages

X
Get Christian inspirational stories, messages, Bible resources and many more into your inbox from us:

Sign up here


Fingers and Shepherd

lord-is-my-shepherd_t_nv

An inspirational story
A story of a little Native American boy who lived with his Mom in a little hut on a reservation in the Southwest.

His dad had died, and that meant the boy had to take responsibility for their sheep at a pretty young age. One day, this missionary passed through their village and explained to the little boy how Jesus Christ died for him and wanted to be his Shepherd. And that day this little shepherd invited Jesus into his heart.

As the missionary was about to leave, he asked the boy if he could teach him a Bible verse. The boy said, "I don't think I can remember it." But the missionary gave him just five simple words from the Bible to remember. "The Lord is my Shepherd." But the missionary taught him a little trick for remembering it. He said, "Use the fingers of your right hand to help you remember 'The - Lord - is - my - Shepherd.' And when you get to the fourth word, wrap your left hand around the fourth finger of your right hand. 'The Lord is MY Shepherd.'" Well, the boy remembered it - really remembered it - as the missionary would learn when he returned one year later.

When the missionary revisited that village, he stopped by the hut where the little shepherd boy lived with his mother. He knocked on the door and the mother answered. When the missionary asked for her son, she said, "Oh, you didn't hear? Last winter a sudden blizzard hit us while my boy was out in the hills with the sheep. He didn't make it back. It was three days before they found him frozen to death."

The missionary couldn't muster any words except a quiet, "I'm sorry." Then Mom told him, "You know, when they found my boy and brushed all the snow off his body, they discovered something very unusual. His left hand was wrapped around the fourth finger of his right hand."

howtodrawsheeplambsdrawinglessons_html_202118d8

What do we do when we are in struggling? We cannot give let the world beat us down and give up living. It may be hard but let us be reminded of what Jesus said,

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)

If we have Jesus, we have everything. Jesus is our strength. We may not understand everything but in the end we will see that Jesus was carrying us through. The little boy had Jesus as his shepherd. We may not have learned to memorise many Bible Verses but what is more important is that we know Jesus. Because He will not carry us through when we are alive here on earth but He will carry us Home in Heaven. In Jesus, I shall not fear and I shall not be in want.
So, the question is:

Do you know the Shepherd?
And
Is the Lord your Shepherd?

Psalm 23
The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he refreshes my soul.
He guides me along the right paths
for his name’s sake.
Even though I walk
through the darkest valley,
I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
your rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
Surely your goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

 

John 3:16

John 14:2
I
n my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?

Share this and bless someone..

(Story from hutchcraft.com)



 
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment